26 Oct 2010

Leader

I get the feeling frequently that I have much more power or control over my surroundings than most other people. I realize that my relationship with my reality is completely up to me.. I don't know whether that's the difference between me and most others or not.. Whatever it is, it gives me a massive power to be able to lead and help others in many ways. It shits me, though. It puts a giant weight on my shoulders. Responsibility to live up to the expectations of myself in order to give those around benefit. If the relationship I have with people in my life is up to me then.. well I can determine the success of our relationship, and thus give them whatever they need to win.

Or perhaps I could consider it to be, not up to me. And if it's not, who is it up to? I think the best of friendships are between leaders of their own realities. That kind of bond could almost be unbreakable.

It takes a lot of courage and strength to push yourself through to unknown limits and exceed every expectation you ever had, and to lead people and show them just how powerful they can be, too.

It can be either a burden of responsibility, or a great gift of courage and wisdom. at the moment, it's a burden =(.

0 comments: